Arturo Burguete Lopez was awarded second place at the Falling Walls lab competition that took place at KAUST last Tuesday. Falling walls is an intenational conference on future breakthroughs in science and society. Every year, a global competition selects 100 scientists and professionals to present breakthrough researches at the main event in Berlin. Individuals candidates are selected based on their ability to present their ideas in 3 minutes (or less) at selected locations around the world.
- Ultra-dense free electrons liquid metasurfaces
- Andrea Fratalocchi elected Fellow of the Optical Society of America (OSA)
- PhD. Student Arturo Burguete Lopez wins Falling Walls lab competition and is selected for presentation in Berlin
- Perfect absorbers and a new source of light from darkness
- Ultrafast broadband single molecule imaging